1) I have signed a petition to save the Mountain Gorillas living in the war-torn nation of the Democratic Republic of Congo. These wonderful and gentle creatures are one species that really should not disappear from the face of this planet before its natural time. They are very social beings who care lovingly for orphaned young and have complex social hierarchies. They deserve to live!
Apparently my vote was sent to the American Embassy in Congo. I wonder how much an Australian signature counts to Mr. James F. Enwhistle
http://apps.facebook.com/petitions/takeaction/406/279/157/
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/
2) I feel like an utter idiot for writing what I wrote, but my comment about wanting to know what a double sun looks like in real life can be found here:
http://scienceblog.com/47835/tatooine-like-planet-discovered/comment-page-1/#comment-27149
Under the name "Teryund"
3) According to his Facebook Page, President Obama is speaking in Cincinnati about the importance of the American Job Act (23rd Sept 2011) this is another stop of a tour that already lasts several weeks. As I think the President of the United States has more important things to do than reading a message by a German Uni student in Australia, I will refrain from bothering him. Even if I did, it is only possible to contact the White House and it is unlikely that they would forward my message to Mr. Obama.
http://www.facebook.com/lookingforfireflies?ref=ts#!/barackobama
http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
4) Clean Feed is a policy to block certain web-addresses nationwide, these addresses would no longer be able to be accessed by Australian computers. While the initial goal of this project, to destroy Child Pornography is very admirable it also plans to block any over 18 content or even suspected over 18 content and online games that are perceived as violent. I think that goes a bit far. Also in tests many sites who are absolutely clean are blocked by accident because of words used on them and many dirty sites go undetected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleanfeed_%28content_blocking_system%29
http://nocleanfeed.com/
5) Censorship has a place in democracy when it comes to clearly criminal things; for instance statements and rallies by Neo-Nazi or other racist organizations should be banned, as should child pornography, as it is not justifiable in any way. Beyond that I don't see much point in it.
6) I have never heard of NBN before, but apparently it will provide cheaper and faster Broadband and Wireless for Asutralia. Brisbane is one of the Second Release Site and will gain access to this service some when in the second quarter of 2011which (if it did happen) I did not notice.
7) I live in Mt. Gravatt.
My federal representative is: Mr. Ross Vasta, the Federal Member for the Bonner Electorate, which includes Mt. Gravatt.
(His Website link is not working, neither is his facebook page)
My state representative is Mr. Cameron Dick, the State Member for the electorate of Greenslopes, which in this meaning of the term includes Mt. Gravatt.
http://www.camerondick.com.au/
And my local representative is Mr. Ian MacKenzie, the Councillor Holland Park Ward, which includes Mt. Gravatt.
http://www.ianmckenzie.org.au/
http://carindaleconnect.com.au/community/about-2/government-local-representatives/
Again I respectfully refuse to send these people any messages, I have nothing to say that is important enough to send a complete stranger a message.
8) I was unable to determine this. :-(
9) See above. Also I would feel very uncomfortable sending such a message.
No comments:
Post a Comment