a) The Blogs I found are:
http://jcrab.tumblr.com/
http://gabriellamzb.blogspot.com/
http://paige-maree.blogspot.com/
http://blakebirt.blogspot.com/
http://newcommtechmusings.blogspot.com/
b) The video I found is "The Future of Communication" from 2007
A very unsettling depiction of our future that declares "man is god" (a statement I, as a Christian, find very offensive) It goes on recount how New Media slowly replace Old Media and then gives a vision of the future where virtual life completely replaces real life, in traditional Cyberpunk fashion it even places us under the rule of a single, almighty, worldwide company ( a fusion of Microsoft, Google, Amazon and Second Life, but strangely not Apple) However the horror this depiction causes is quickly dispersed when we look around us and realize that it is 2011 and we still don't have the promised virtual newspapers on plastic paper and books still exist. Let's hope they are wrong with all their depictions.
c) http://againbutslower.com/ is a wonderful website that, without registration or any download simplifies complicated wikipedia sites for you. I as a person who finds it difficult to understand Physics and Mathematics finally get what entropy means, or what a fractal is. However the main purpose of the tool seems to cut out the walls of texts these articles are often laden with.
No comments:
Post a Comment